Gum disease treatments available from your dentist

There are a number of gum disease treatment options available for people suffering from gum disease or wanting toothache relief. These options can be broadly split into two categories:

• Gum disease treatments from the dentist
  • Home gum disease treatments or natural

In this article we will be looking at the treatments available from your dentist, we’ll be investigating how to cure gum disease naturally and get natural toothache relief in the next article. Please add a comment or contact us if you’ve got a question.

Gum disease treatments available from your dentist

Symptons of Unhealthy Gums

Symptons of Unhealthy Gums

The treatments offered from your dentist will depend on the level of gum disease present in your mouth. The dentist is likely to start by analyzing the level of plaque, cavities and infection in the teeth and mouth before deciding on treatment options.

Your dentist will probably recommend starting with one of the most common gum disease treatments available, deep scaling and planing. You’ll usually be given a local anesthetic and the dentist will scrape away plaque and tarter from the teeth and gum area. Any rough areas of the teeth will also be planed to make them smoother. This will make it more difficult for bacteria to attach themselves to your teeth and gums.

If your gum disease is at its very early stages your dentist may advise you to have a professional clean, even if you don’t suffer from gum disease its recommended to have a professional clean twice a year to ensure your teeth and gums are kept clean – preventing gum disease from appearing is more effective than any gum disease treatment available.

Surgical gum disease treatments

If these methods don’t help cure gum disease in your mouth your dentist may suggest other gum disease treatments or even surgical procedures. The most common procedure is pocket reduction surgery (or flap surgery). In this procedure the dentist will lift the gums from the surface of the teeth to remove plaque and tarter. The gums are then placed back with a snug fit between the teeth to ensure bacteria doesn’t build up again.

Depending on your situation your dentist may suggest other surgical options including laser treatments, soft tissue grafts or bone grafts – these are usually only done in the most serious cases of gum disease.

Natural gum disease treatments

Many people could treat their gum disease without resorting to expensive visits to the dentist or even surgery. There are many natural products and home remedies that can cure gum disease and provide toothache relief.

A book by David Sharpe (available as an ebook or printed book) called ‘What You Should Know About Gum Disease explains more about the real causes of gum disease and how to cure gum disease naturally.

We also recommend a natural gum disease treatment called OraMd. OraMD is a natural oil. Because its an oil it can penetrate under your gum line, down in the pockets between your gums and teeth, and won’t wash away. Its guaranteed to help cure gum disease, click on the link below to find out more.

End Gum Disease Now
OraMD is an all-natural solution for gum disease

Natural Toothpaste

Comments

15 Comments on "Gum disease treatments available from your dentist"

1. Paulo Pires on Fri, 15th May 2009 2:04 pm

Excellent! Thanks.

2. dental products on Thu, 21st May 2009 2:45 am

Yearly dental check up is necessary to prevent all periodontal diseases. The information above is very much useful for those who have gum diseases especially the information of the natural way to treat gum diseases.

3. Desserts Recipes on Sat, 23rd May 2009 11:26 am

I am thinking about going for the Natural gum diesease treatment, rather than the surgical one, as this as you said is inexpensive.

Desserts Recipes’s last blog post..Chocolate Cookie Recipe

4. Dentistry Minneapolis on Thu, 4th Jun 2009 10:42 am

Gum diseases can be harmful, regular visits to the dentist is a must to avoid gum diseases.

5. Cosmetic Dentist DC on Tue, 9th Jun 2009 7:46 pm

This is a great article, especially concerning the effects of not visiting your dentist regularly…

6. Kelly Brown on Fri, 12th Jun 2009 5:52 pm

The article is usefull for me. I’ll be coming back to your blog.

7. Internet keno on Sat, 13th Jun 2009 7:29 am

I recently purchased some of the tartar removing powder. I am a natural skeptic and was not sure if this stuff worked. I have had tartar problems on my lower front teeth for a few months & have tried removing it myself with no success. It was real hard and thick. Well here it is just 12 days later and I did not really see much of a change. Then, all of a sudden this morning I was brushing and i noticed some tartar had come off while brushing so I grabbed my dentist pik and i could not believe what I was seeing I removed all the tartar from those teeth. it was disgusting and beautiful at the same time. I go to the dentist tomorrow. what a time for such a major result. I am no longer a skeptic this is the most amazing product ever.

8. Orlando Dentist on Fri, 19th Jun 2009 8:42 pm

Great piece on gum disease! I always tell my patients how serious it is, and how not going to the dentist regularly can lead up to it. I’ll have to check out that ebook, thanks

9. johnstevens on Mon, 22nd Jun 2009 11:41 am

?»?
    I am a newbie and this post is very useful for me.
    I think It’s a good way to know how the tools can work.
    Thanks for the link.
    however this has been a very informative post. |
    Can I put this article to my site?
    I just use blogpsot..T_T

10. zjeux on Fri, 26th Jun 2009 4:33 pm

Excellent Post. mercy

11. KonstantinMiller on Mon, 6th Jul 2009 5:41 pm

How soon will you update your blog? I’m interested in reading some more information on this issue.

12. CrisBetewsky on Mon, 6th Jul 2009 6:58 pm

Hello! Thanks for the post. It is really amazing! I will definitely share it with my friends.

13. Salvia on Mon, 26th Oct 2009 1:26 am

Wow, I didn’t know that gum care was as important as tooth care.

14. David@Dental Insurance Plans on Sun, 8th Nov 2009 9:10 am

Great information, I saw similarities between the 1234 illustration and my own gums, hope brushing my teeth more often will fix it.

15. Dental Insurance Plans on Sun, 8th Nov 2009 9:11 am

I’ve been reading how gum disease can cause or is correlated to heart disease because of infection from the mouth.

Please leave us a comment or question and we'll get back to you very soon
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!